Am I eligible to vote? You are eligible if:
- You are a citizen of the United States
- You are a Morris County resident 30 days before the election
- You are a resident of the election district in which you expect to vote on Election Day
- You will be 18 years of age on or before the next electionYou are not incarcerated, on parole, or on probation due to a conviction for an indictable offense under any federal or state laws.
- Note: you can register at 17, but can’t vote until you turn 18.
You may register by mailing a registration form to the Morris County Commissioner of Registration. Residents moving into the Borough of Wharton from another municipality in Morris County may simply complete a change of address form. If you moved from another county or state, you must re-register. Forms may be obtained at the Clerk's Office in Borough Hall or at the Morris County Elections website.
When is the voter registration deadline?
You must register to vote 21 days before any election. In 2019, you must register by May 14 for the Primary election.