Am I eligible to vote? You are eligible if:
- You are a citizen of the United States
- You are a Morris County resident 30 days before the election
- You are a resident of the election district in which you expect to vote on Election Day
- You will be 18 years of age on or before the next election. You are not incarcerated, on parole, or on probation due to a conviction for an indictable offense under any federal or state laws.
- Note: you can register at 17, but can’t vote until you turn 18.
How do I register to vote?
First, check the State of New Jersey’s Elections “Am I registered?” page to see if you’re already registered.
If you are not registered you can either:
Register to vote online (a driver’s license/non-driver ID card OR a Social Security number is required)
Or, complete a registration application form at the Morris County Board of Elections’ office or by mail:
Voter Registration Form
Solicitud de Inscripcion de Votantes
Forms are also available at Town Hall
You can also register to vote at your local Motor Vehicle Commission (MVC) office while applying for/renewing a driver’s license or non-driver ID card.
When is the voter registration deadline?
You must register to vote 21 days before any election.